7 Savvy Ways to Minimize Your Energy Consumption to Maximize Your Energy Savings
All of us want to save energy whenever we can. Unfortunately, many homeowners have very little idea how to minimize energy consumption on a daily basis. The good news is that it’s not a difficult thing to do, as long as you’re diligent. Start by following these 7 simple tips:
- Use your power bill to your advantage — If you’ve ever taken a good look at your energy bill, you’ll see that it includes a great deal of information which you can use in order to learn how you’re utilizing energy. Use this information to make adjustments to your usage and lower your bills.
- Don’t fear change — We all get a little set in our ways. Running our appliances whenever we want sounds great, but in reality, not paying attention to these things can equal an amazing waste of power.
- Get a professional audit — If you want a close examination of how you’re using your energy each month, reach out to a professional HVAC technician, who will analyze your usage for you.
- Upgrade your equipment — If you haven’t purchased a new piece of cooling or heating equipment in recent years, you might be unaware that there are choices available which are much more energy efficient than older models.
- Lower your water’s temperature — To lower your energy usage, whether gas or electrical, turn down the temperature on your water heater. Your goal should be 120 degrees to take advantage of energy efficiency.
- Seal air leaks — Air leakage can represent up to 30 percent of your home’s wasted energy. You can lower this by sealing any leaks that you can find, no matter their size.
- Consider renewable energy — Many homeowners are turning to alternative energy options. Installation of solar panels or wind turbines can go a long way to lowering your energy bills.
For more expert advice on how to minimize energy consumption, or for any other home comfort questions, be sure to contact the friendly professionals at Davis Air Conditioning & Heating, Inc. We’ve been serving the HVAC needs of the Greater Houston area, including Fort Bend, Galveston & Brazoria counties since 1971.
You May Also Like
The summers around Lake Jackson, TX get hot and muggy, making you thankful for your air conditioning. However, running your AC can… Continue Reading 6 Home Upgrades to Reduce Your Lake Jackson, TX AC Bills…
Ductwork is an essential part of any HVAC system, and it plays a crucial role in delivering clean, conditioned air throughout your… Continue Reading The Impact of Leaky Ducts On Your Lake Jackson, TX Home…
When it comes down to your health and that of your loved ones, the quality of air in your home plays a… Continue Reading 3 Common Pollutants That Reduce Indoor Air Quality in Alvin, TX…