Indoor Air Quality Products & Services for Houston, TX and Surrounding Areas!
Modern homes and commercial buildings are built tight to save energy. Unfortunately, advanced construction techniques used to seal perimeter penetrations also eliminate natural fresh air pathways. As a result, contaminants accumulate inside your home, which can cause severe health issues for those suffering from asthma, indoor allergies, COPD and other respiratory ailments.
A Complete Approach to Air Quality Problems
At Davis Air Conditioning & Heating, Inc., we understand the importance of keeping your indoor environment healthy and safe. If someone in your family has chronic breathing difficulties, we can design a comprehensive strategy to eliminate airborne toxins, unpleasant odors and other pollutants.
- Filtration: A central HVAC filter is a critical component in an effective IAQ system. Filters are available in different styles, including fiberglass, pleated, cabinet, electronic and electrostatic varieties. The effectiveness of a filter is determined by its MERV rating, which measures the quantity and size of particulate matter captured by the filter over a given period of time. A higher MERV rating is more effective, but you should always check with a professional HVAC contractor to verify your equipment has enough static pressure to handle a high efficiency filter.
- Air Duct Cleaning: As the air circulates through your cooling and heating system, dust, dirt and other contaminants collect inside the ductwork. When your HVAC equipment engages, these irritants are circulated throughout your home until they’re eventually inhaled by a family member. We use mechanical brushes and an industrial-strength vacuum to loosen and remove caked-on dirt and grime. Regular duct cleaning can also help your equipment perform better and last longer.
- Mechanical Ventilation: Mechanical ventilators introduce a prescribed amount of fresh outdoor air into your home while simultaneously exhausting stale, polluted air from inside. Ventilators run separately from your HVAC equipment, and some models offer energy recovery features to lower your heating and cooling utility costs.
Benefits of Healthy Indoor Air
You’ll experience a variety of benefits when your indoor air is clean and healthy.
- Improved Equipment Performance: If the air inside your home is dirty, contaminants build up on critical internal equipment components. Dirt degrades efficiency, so your system must work harder to provide the same level of comfort.
- Less Cleaning Required: Airborne dust eventually settles on countertops, floors, and furniture. When you have an IAQ system in place, you home will stay cleaner for longer periods, and the indoor air will smell fresh and odor free.
- Better Health: Constant exposure to airborne irritants can magnify respiratory issues. When the air is free of pollutants, those who suffer from chronic respiratory conditions will breathe easier and enjoy a better level of health.
Professional Indoor Air Quality Solutions
Davis Air Conditioning & Heating, Inc. provides a full array of indoor air quality services. If you would like to learn more about how our IAQ products can benefit your family and Houston, Sugarland, Pearland, Pasadena, Stafford, Angleton TX and surrounding area home, call one of our friendly representatives today.