Use These A/C Tips for Savings in Your Houston Home
Using your home’s A/C unit as temperatures rise is very often a necessity, and doing so will increase your energy usage and monthly bills. Thankfully, there are several A/C tips for savings that will help you cut energy costs.
A/C Tips for Savings
- Replace an old A/C unit — If your A/C unit is showing its age and not performing like it has in the past, replacement may be necessary. While this will initially cost you a pretty penny, newer A/C units are more efficient than ever.
- Look for Energy Star — If you decide to replace your existing system, only go for ones with the Energy Star label. To make an even larger dent in your energy usage, concentrate on the new Most Efficient category.
- Tune up your equipment — No matter the age of your unit, its performance will dwindle with use. You can maintain system efficiency by having it tuned up by a professional HVAC technician once a year.
- Install a zoning system — A whole-house approach to cooling can waste a lot of energy. By splitting your home into a series of zones, you can concentrate your cooling efforts only on occupied rooms.
- Leave your A/C turned off completely — Whenever you can, switch to the use of floor or ceiling fans. These devices use considerably less power. Just remember that fans will cool you off, but not the room. So don’t leave them running if you’re not in the room.
- Raise your thermostat setting — To save energy, your thermostat should hover around 78 when someone is at home and 85 when they are not.
- Switch to a programmable thermostat — By presetting when your A/C unit will turn on and off, you will decrease the chances of it running when you’re not home.
For more expert A/C tips for savings, or if you have any other home comfort concerns, please be sure to contact the friendly professionals at Davis Air Conditioning & Heating. We serve the HVAC needs of Houston, Angleton, Ft. Bend, Galveston, Sugar Lane, Brazoria, and surrounding areas.
Image Provided by Shutterstock.com
You May Also Like
The U.S. Department of Energy states that 75% of homeowners in the United States own an HVAC system. Although your system in… Continue Reading 3 Frequently Asked HVAC Questions and Answers in Stafford, TX…
When purchasing a furnace for your home in Sweeny, TX, you can expect it to last for at least 18 or 20… Continue Reading 5 Ways to Extend Your Furnace Lifespan in Sweeny, TX…
With the cold weather approaching, it is advisable for you to ensure that your heat pump works efficiently. If you have noticed… Continue Reading 3 Signs You Need a New Heat Pump in Oyster Creek, TX…