It’s Time for Fall HVAC System Maintenance in Your Houston Home
As Houston area residents look forward to cooler weather, getting ready for the heating season will soon be a major priority. Fall HVAC system maintenance season is fast approaching, and taking advantage of the benefits of a tuned-up furnace or heat pump is a particularly smart move this year, with energy prices high and environmental conservation on the minds of many.
Here’s what you can expect from a well-maintained heating system:
- A longer operating life.
- Higher efficiency.
- Lower energy bills.
- Fewer carbon emissions.
- More comfort.
- Reduced chance of mid-season breakdowns.
- Safer operation of gas furnaces.
Hire a reputable contractor for your fall HVAC system maintenance to ensure the highest level of skill and guaranteed work. The technician will thoroughly inspect your heating system and perform these essential tasks to improve efficiency and help prevent breakdowns:
- Lubricate moving components to eliminate friction.
- Tighten electrical connections and belts.
- Measure the voltage on the motor and other electric components.
- Measure the airflow to ensure optimum comfort and efficiency.
- Inspect the ductwork, and seal loose joints and other damage.
- Check the accuracy of the thermostat and calibrate if needed.
- Clean the condensate pan and flush the drain to prevent clogs.
- Test the system controls to ensure proper starting, cycling and shutting off.
If you have a gas furnace, these tasks also will be included in the professional tune-up:
- Inspect the vent stack or chimney flue for damage and obstructions for carbon monoxide safety.
- Inspect fuel lines and tighten connections.
- Measure flue gases to ensure they meet system standards.
- Inspect for carbon monoxide leaks.
- Clean and inspect the heat exchanger and burner assembly for safety and efficiency.
Once your tune-up is complete, it’s up to you to stock up on air filters and replace the dirty filter every one to three months, depending on how quickly it becomes soiled. A dirty filter will immediately reduce the system’s efficiency and could cause extensive damage due to restricted airflow.
To schedule your fall HVAC system maintenance with one of our expert technicians, please contact us in the Houston area at Davis Air Conditioning & Heating.
Image via Shutterstock.com
You May Also Like
Most homeowners understand a thermostat is the heart of an HVAC system, but it may surprise you to know that its location… Continue Reading Why Thermostat Location Matters in Stafford, TX…
AC systems are vital in Angleton, TX because they help with braving brutally hot temperatures. However, HVAC equipment degrades over time because… Continue Reading 4 Tips for Extending Your AC’s Lifespan in Angleton, TX…
Sleep is crucial for your physical, mental and general wellness in Houston, TX. Research shows that about 60% of individuals living in… Continue Reading How Does Indoor Air Quality Impact Sleep Quality in Houston, TX?…