Duct Cleaning: What Are the Benefits and When Should it Be Done?
Increased energy bills, heightened issues with allergens and air quality that is less than it should be can disrupt the peace of mind of Houston homeowners. These comfort issues could be caused by an inefficient air conditioning unit. Duct cleaning is one measure you might look into to ensure your air conditioner is running efficiently, as well as to remedy air quality problems.
What Are the Benefits of Duct Cleaning?
Over the life of your HVAC system, your ducts can become clogged with debris, dust, pollutants and at worse, vermin. All of this can block airflow as well as blow unhealthful air into your home. The benefits of cleaning your ducts include:
- Increasing your A/C’s efficiency: Clean ducts can keep your air conditioning unit operating at its highest level by ensuring airflow is not blocked. As a result, it doesn’t have to work as hard to cool your home.
- Increasing energy savings: By ensuring your A/C doesn’t have to work as hard to keep you cool, you use less energy. Consequently, your energy bill can be reduced.
- Increasing tranquility: Allergens can contribute to health problems. Duct cleaning may be the answer to removing pollutants being distributed in your home’s air.
When Should You Have Your Ducts Cleaned?
A regular inspection of your ducts can help you know when it’s time to clean them. When a duct inspection is part of your regular preventive maintenance check, your HVAC professional will look for these signs that indicate it’s time to clean your ducts:
- A build-up of mold growth on the surface of the ducts or on other nearby parts of your heating and cooling system.
- An infestation of rodents and vermin such as rats, squirrels and large insects.
- A large concentration of dust and debris that is being released throughout your home via your supply registers.
To learn more about the benefits of duct cleaning, contact Davis Air Conditioning and Heating today. Since 1971, we’ve proudly served the residents of the greater Houston area.
You May Also Like
It’s midsummer in New Ulm, TX, and you’re trying to beat the heat by cranking up your AC. Suddenly, the blower motor… Continue Reading 4 Signs Your AC Blower Motor Is About to Fail in New Ulm, TX…
The summers around Lake Jackson, TX get hot and muggy, making you thankful for your air conditioning. However, running your AC can… Continue Reading 6 Home Upgrades to Reduce Your Lake Jackson, TX AC Bills…
Ductwork is an essential part of any HVAC system, and it plays a crucial role in delivering clean, conditioned air throughout your… Continue Reading The Impact of Leaky Ducts On Your Lake Jackson, TX Home…